Whether you are an occasional sportsperson or a high international level athlete we at the Cambridge Physiotherapy Clinic are ready to help. We can provide treatment for both acute injuries and give advice and treatment/exercise plans for ongoing recurrent issues.
Assessment will include looking at any biomechanical issues that may be influencing your problem. All are staff have a keen interest in the treatment of sports injuries and some have had extensive experience in particular with rugby, hockey, football clubs and running groups.
Below is a list of some of the common problems we see:
- Ankle problems : including sprains, Achilles tendinitis
- Elbows: Tennis/Golfers Elbow
- Foot issues: including Plantar Fasciitis, metatarsal pain
- Knee : Ligaments, patello- femoral issues, Iliotibial band Syndrome, meniscus injuries
- Shoulder problems- rotator cuff, tendinitis and instabilities
- Hip/groin strain
- Soft tissue problems: Bursitis, muscle strains and tears, haematoma’s, joint sprains
- Post- operative rehabilitation
Treatments may include electrotherapy, ice, heat, strapping and use of K tape, hands on mobilisations, stretches, and targeted exercise programs to mobilise, stabilise and strengthen.